No, a power pack is not required which is one of the advantages of the IP710 and DS710 0-10V dimmers. They can connect directly to line voltage to switch the load ON/OFF (up to the product ratings). For any loads greater than the product ratings, a power pack will be required.
Articles in this section
- Can a dimmer control a ceiling fan?
- Is there a special requirement of how the wires need to be run for 0-10V dimmers from the dimmer wallbox to the fixture box since there is line voltage and low voltage?
- Are the 0-10V dimmers capable of dimming down to 1%; or what is the minimum dimming level (percentage)?
- Are there low voltage wiring distance limitations for 0-10V dimmers?
- Do I need power going to the switch portion (line voltage on Black lead) to control dimming on the IP710 and DS710?
- Is a power pack required for switching 0-10V dimmers?
- What will happen if I mix bulb types with an LED Dimmer?
- How do I turn the Decora Rocker Slide dimmer locator light ON or OFF?
- Can I use more than one dimmer to control the same light?